Thursday 22 December 2011

Merry Christmas Everybody

This is the last blog for three weeks, as I take a well earned rest and it is a short one. below are three clips embodying different types ways of celebrating the season. The first, as I was forced to admit recently, I remember from first time round in 1973 and it everybody is having fun - they are also pulling down, interfering with their poise and balance. From an Alexander point of view this is not the way to go about things but I remember it as fun at the time.


Fun is important, but how you embody it well that can carry a cost or it can be joyful and uplifting, as with the following two clips. The first involves Fred Astaire dancing with Ginger Rogers and is here just to prove that you can have fun, joy, poise and balance at the same time. The second is there, to illustrate a different way of being, one that is also poised and balanced.


So, finally the third clip, it is there because it is Christmas, it features my favourite painting and most of all it remind's me of my mum, who died just over three years ago. She always used to listen to the Kings College carol service on the radio and the opening verse always sends shivers up my spine, stills me and tells me Christmas has started, even though she is no longer here.  



What ever you have planned for Christmas and the New Year, have fun and if you can, be poised and balanced whether your are dancing your socks off or singing your heart out with some carols or hymns. Many of which invite you to open your eyes, lift up your heads and open your hearts and the questions is as always, how to do this. Merry Christmas Everybody and a Happy New Year to all when it comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment